A MOST IMPORTANT JOB

IT IS, A MOST IMPORTANT JOB.

NOT MANY CAN DO IT AND CARRY OUT THE TASK LIKE IT IS REQUIRED.

IT IS A JOB THAT REQUIRES PATIENCE, PASSION, VIRTUE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION AND 100% OF YOUR ATTENTION, YET IF ONE OF THOSE IS MISSING, IT WON’T GET DONE.

WE ALL SEE IT EVERY DAY AND JUST ABOUT EVERYWHERE WE GO AND WE HARDLY EVER THINK ABOUT THIS JOB UNTIL WE SEE IT NOT DONE CORRECTLY, OR, WE ARE CALLED OURSELVES TO CARRY OUT THIS JOB.

THIS MOST IMPORTANT JOB.

OH, I FORGOT TO MENTION, A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE DEPENDING ON YOU AS WELL.  A LOT OF PEOPLE.

ONCE I TELL YOU WHAT IT IS, I GUARANTEE YOU’LL NEVER LOOK AT THIS THE SAME WAY EVER AGAIN.

red-lights

RED2

IT IS BEING THE LEAD CAR AT A RED LIGHT.

MANY ARE CALLED TO DO THIS JOB CORRECTLY, BUT IN FACT, FEW EVER EXECUTE IT PROPERLY. LOT’S OF REASONS FOR IT AND 99% IS DUE TO BEING ON YOUR PHONE AND THE OTHER 1%, WE WILL NEVER KNOW.

WHEN YOU ARE THE LEAD CAR, THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU DEPENDING ON YOU GETTING THE JOB DONE AND NOT JUST SITTING IDLY BY.  TIMING, PRECISION, ANTICIPATION ARE OTHER THINGS THAT GO IN TO MAKING YOU, YES YOU, A SUCCESSFUL LEAD CAR AT A RED LIGHT.

ALSO, KNOW THAT WHEN YOU PULL UP AND YOU ARE FIRST, THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSIBILITY YOU JUST WALKED INTO.   ONE SECOND AFTER THAT LIGHT TURNS GREEN, GO.  IF YOU WAIT MORE THAN 3 SECONDS, HERE IS THE FACE I GIVE BEFORE HONKING.

DRPHIL

 

AT 5 SECONDS, YOU GET THIS FACE.

BARKLEYASLEEP

AND WHEN THE CLOCK HITS 6 SECONDS, YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET THIS.

MUSCHAMP

SO LET’S ALL GET ON THE SAME PAGE AND SUPPORT THIS AND MAKE OUR WORLD, A MUCH BETTER PLACE BECAUSE WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER.

@BIGJOEONTHEGO

2 Comments

  1. Steve Newell January 24, 2017 5:15 am  Reply

    Joe you are right, it is a very important job. I have had it many times. You have to be a leader and be able to handle the pressure, not to mention the road rage if you don’t take off fast enough. It is also dangerous as you are the first line of defense against the red-light runners! I just wish it paid better….

  2. Elaine January 24, 2017 4:50 pm  Reply

    Now, it is also your responsibility to be careful of the Idiot trying to “run” the light coming from the other direction. That will make your fellow travelers behind you even MORE angry and you’ll go straight to the last pic. (as well as damaging the merchandise). This applies mostly when you’re driving in downtown Nashville.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *